Before discussing the results, however, I want to thank those who helped with the ratification, Bob Fey (Executive Director) and Frank Oppedisano (CFT Field Representative) and the CFE election committee, Carol Barnes and Darryl Isaac. They did a wonderful job ensuring the integrity of the ratification vote.
Thank you to all the faculty who have been engaged in the contract ratification process. Since the tentative agreement was reached in February, CFE has offered many contract education sessions to explain the changes from our previous collective bargaining agreement. We appreciate your participation in these sessions, your diligence in reviewing the contract, asking contract questions and voting.
The votes have been tallied and the results are in – 88% of voting CFE members approved of the Tentative Agreement!
This ratified agreement includes the following:
- 6.5% – 7% raise over three years (1% Retro Pay)
- Increase in the lab factor to 83%
- No change to Kaiser health benefits
- No change to UHC health benefits
- Free healthy/preventative coverage visits in the PPO
- 20% increase in department chair pay
- Enhanced scheduling language
- Professional Development improvements
- PDI/IPD Alternatives Methods Budget increased from $12,000 to $36,000
- Inside door locking on all doors
The 1% retroactive pay check is expected to be sent to CFE members in June or July.
Thank you to the ratification teams from all three campuses, Stephanie Dumont & Gregg Carr (GWC), Dan Johnson & Ann Holliday (CCC), Eduardo Arismendi-Pardi (OCC). These people helped answer questions and get out the vote.
Thank you again for your participation in the ratification vote and staying in the fight to improve working conditions for the faculty in the Coast Community College District.
~ Rob Schneiderman